Vititoe Estate Sportsman and Collector Firearm Auction
4400 Kiln Ct.
Louisville, KY 40218
Wardlow Auctions Inc.
3600 Chamberlain Ln., Ste. 222
Louisville, KY 40241
10% Buyer's Premium
Bidding Ends: Wednesday, May 10, 2023 beginning at 7:00 p.m., with staggered and extended ending.
Inspection: All guns (except the Daisy air gun) may be inspected at Ops Supply, Tue.– Sat.11 AM – 5:30 PM and Sun.11 AM – 4:30 PM. (see address above). The Daisy air gun, ammo, gun accessories, knives and razors may be inspected at our office by appointment. For appt. call Rick Wardlow at 502-593-3888.
Pickups: Guns may be picked up at or arrangements of shipping of guns made at Ops Supply. A $25 transfer fee shall be paid to Ops Supply to cover the background check and processing fee for each gun. See the Terms and Conditions for more information.
All other items shall be picked up at our office on Thur. or Friday, May 11-12 between 10am and 3 PM or on Saturday, May, 13, between 10 AM and 12 noon.
If you cannot make the stated pick up times, please contact us to reschedule.
SPECIAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR SALE OF FIREARMS
All questions regarding this auction should be directed to Wardlow Auctions, Inc. Any member of our staff would be happy to answer your questions and make this an enjoyable auction experience for you.
Wardlow Auctions, Inc.
3600 Chamberlain Ln., Suite 222
Louisville, KY 40241
Office: (502) 489-5515
Auctioneer – Rick Wardlow (502) 593-3888
Online bidding is offered as a courtesy. The Auctioneers, Wardlow Auctions, Inc., Sellers, and the Internet and Software Providers do not guarantee or warrant the online bidding procedure and/or system to operate without interruption or malfunction, and shall not be held responsible in the event of such.
Buyer’s Premium: A 10% buyer’s premium will be added to the winning bid of each item to determine the final selling price.
Statements of Condition: Any statement regarding the condition of the item is given as a courtesy and is only a subjective opinion and should not be treated as a statement of fact. The absence of a condition statement does not imply that the lot is in perfect condition or free from wear and tear, imperfections, or the effects of aging.
Inspections: All descriptions and information are believed correct, but are not guaranteed. Items are sold “as is" "where is” with no guarantees or warranties. It is the Bidders responsibility to inspect the items and research any and all descriptions and information to their complete and full satisfaction prior to bidding. All sales are final.
Bidders are encouraged to attend the following preview:
- All firearms (except the air gun) may be viewed at Ops Supply during store hours, Tue. - Sat. 11am – 5:30 pm and on Sunday, from 11am-4:30 pm. Their address is 4400 Kiln Ct., Louisville, KY 40218 (That’s off Bishop Ln. between Newburg Rd. and Poplar Level Rd. inside of the Louisville Armory Shooting Range bldg.). Note: Ops Supply is closed on Monday.
- All other items (air gun, ammo, gun accessories, knives and razors) may be viewed at our office by appointment. For an appointment, call Rick Wardlow at (502) 593-3888.
- Transfers of firearms will be handled in accordance with ATF laws. The background check and transfer will be handled by Ops Supply, a FFL licensee. A $25 fee will be charged for each gun processed regardless of whether buyer has a concealed carry permit or FFL license. All firearms (except the air gun) must be picked up at Ops Supply gun shop during store hours as indicated above. Ops Supply must have evidence of payment before they will release any gun.
- All other items (airgun, ammo, gun accessories, knives, and straight razors) may be picked up at our office, Thursday and Friday, May 11 and 12, between 10AM – 3 PM. Items can also be picked up Saturday, May 15, between 10 AM – 12 noon provided they are already paid for by credit card of if buyer brings check or cash. If you intend to pick up on Saturday and pay by cash or check, please let us know before Friday noon, otherwise we will charge your credit card on file on Friday, May 12 at 3 PM.
- Shipping of firearms will be handled by Ops Supply – see special terms regarding firearms. Buyers will be responsible for all shipping costs. Ops Supply will not ship firearms to California, Illinois, New Jersey and New York.
- All items can be shipped. We can handle shipping for some items that will fit in a USPS flat rate box. For larger shipments and ammo, we work with a company called Fragile Pack who will handle the shipping. However, ammo will not be shipped to California, Illinois, New Jersey, Connecticut, Alaska, Hawaii, or Washington D.C. We will deliver your items to Fragile Pack and the owner there, Scott Logsdon, will contact the buyer to coordinate shipping. The phone number for Fragile Pack is (502) 423-0000.
General Terms and Conditions of Sale (Please See Additional Terms Specifically Regarding the Sale of the Firearms)
Bidding: Online bidding is to be understood as a binding contract. Bids will be taken with the understanding that the bidder will honor their winning bid with sufficient funds including all applicable taxes and fees. Do not bid if you do not intend to pay.
Payment Terms: All items must be paid for in full prior to removal and not later than 3:00 pm on Friday, May 12, 2023. Any invoices not paid for by 3:00 PM Friday, May 12, we will go ahead and charge the invoice to the buyer’s credit card, unless they notify us that they intend to pay by cash or check on Saturday pickup. Payment may be made by cash, credit card (VISA or Mastercard), good personal check, Official Bank Check, or bank certified check. All purchases over $1,000 must be paid for by cash, credit card (VISA or Mastercard), Official Bank Check, or bank certified check. Many buyers choose to pay for their items when they pick them up. If you fail to pick up your items, we will charge your credit card.
Registration: Registration is free but does require several important pieces of information. Bidders must be registered with a full name, address, telephone number, and valid credit card information. An email address is also required so bidders may be sent winning bid notifications and auction invoices. Credit card information is obtained to establish bidder legitimacy, deter defunct bidding and charge the account at your request or in the event you do not pick up your items. Registration may only be completed with an acknowledgment that the bidder has read and understood all terms and conditions for the sale and online bidding.
All items sell in “as is” condition: All descriptions and information are believed correct, but are not guaranteed and as such the Auctioneers, Wardlow Auctions, Inc., and/or the Seller shall not be held liable for inaccuracies in the information. It is the Bidders responsibility to obtain or verify, prior to bidding, any information they consider critical to their decision to purchase. Preview times are available for potential bidders to physically inspect the items. All bidders are encouraged to inspect and research all aspects of the items, descriptions and information provided to their complete and full satisfaction prior to bidding. The items are being sold “as-is” “where-is” with no warranties or guarantees of any kind including merchantability and/or fitness for particular purpose.
Notification to winning bidders: An email notification will be sent via email along with an auction invoice within 6 hours of the auction’s close. Be sure to check your "Junk" email folder if you do not receive your invoice within that time frame.
Bidding Increments are pre-set as identified below: Bids must at least be the “asking” amount and in whole dollars. You can bid an amount higher than the next “asking” amount if you wish.
Up to $20.00 - $1.00 increment
Up to $50.00 - $2.00 increment
Up to $100.00 - $5.00 increment
Up to $500.00 - $10.00 increment
Up to $1,000.00 - $25.00 increment
Up to $10,000.00 - $50.00 increment
Up to $50,000.00 - $100.00 increment
Set Maximum Bid feature: This feature does your bidding without the bidder having to constantly view, log in, and bid on an item. Setting a maximum online is much like coming to a live auction with a preset spending limit in mind. The program will bid for you, in the prescribed increments, and only up to your set maximum bid for the item. Your Maximum bids are kept confidential and not available for other bidders to see. Any bidder can raise or lower a maximum bid at any time prior to the close of the auction.
Using the Custom Bid feature: The bidding sight allows a bidder to place a bid higher than the bid required by the next increment. For example, if the current bid is $50 and the bidder would rather jump the bid to $100 rather than make the bid in the $2 increment required, he/she can do so. The bid will automatically jump to $100. This is not the same thing as using the Maximum Bid feature, please don’t confuse the two.
Sales Tax: All sales are subject to 6% Kentucky Sales Tax. If you are buying for resale, please let us know ahead of time and send us a copy of your resale tax exemption certificate.
Close of Bidding: Bidding will begin to close at 7:00 PM (Eastern time zone), Wednesday, May 10, 2023. For your convenience, the closing of items will be on a staggered basis of 3 items every minute. See paragraph below regarding the Extended Ending feature.
Extended Ending: The items in the auction will be subject to an extended ending, whereas at the close of the auction, any bidding activity on an item within 3 minutes of the closing time will automatically extend the bidding for 3 more minutes past the time of the last bid. The bidding on that lot will continue to remain open in 3 minute intervals as long as there is bidding activity within 3 minutes of the previous bid. Once there is no bidding activity for a 3 minute period, the bidding on that item will close.
Penalties: Any bidding found to be fraudulent and/or negligence to provide proper payment in the allotted time will result in all appropriate legal action. Any invoice not fully and properly paid for in the allotted time will be charged to the credit card account presented at registration and the items forfeited. Delinquencies will be noted and will prevent the individual from participating in any further live or online auctions conducted by Wardlow Auctions, Inc. Wardlow Auctions, Inc. retains the right to prevent anyone from participating in this and future online auctions who does not abide by the terms and conditions of the auction or whose actions are not in the best interest of our client, the Seller.
Transfer of Ownership and Abandonment of Property : Title and ownership of property purchased shall convey to buyer only upon payment AND pick-up or shipping of the property by the winning bidder. Unless special arrangements are made with the auctioneer, for any items not paid for and/or picked up by the winning bidder within 7 days of the date payment was due, the property shall be considered abandoned and any interest the winning bidder may have in the property shall revert back to the seller or auctioneer and there shall be no refunds to the winning bidder.
Attention Credit Card Buyers: Due to a nationwide insurgence of attempts to purchase items with the use of a stolen or fraudulently obtained credit card, for any such suspected transactions, Wardlow Auctions Inc. reserves the right to: 1) request buyers to provide a copy of their driver’s license and credit card with which they are paying, and 2) withhold shipping of purchased items for a period of up to 10 calendar days to insure that payment and validity of the transaction is good.
Auctioneer's Representation and Right to Bid: In accordance with KRS330.220(6)(a), it is hereby disclosed that, with permission from the seller, the auctioneer and any auction staff members have the right to bid. Wardlow Auctions Inc. and the auctioneer are agents of the seller.
SPECIAL TERMS AND INSPECTION PERIODS FOR SALE OF FIREARMS:
Inspection – All ATF regulated guns are located at Ops Supply gun shop, at 4400 Kiln Ct., Louisville, KY 40218, which is located in the Louisville Armory Shooting Range building and may be inspected anytime during regular store hours which are Tuesday – Saturday, 11 AM -6:00 PM and Sunday, 11:00 AM to 5:00 PM (They are closed on Monday). All descriptions and information are believed correct, but are not guaranteed. Items are sold “as is" "where is” with no guarantees or warranties. It is the Bidders responsibility to inspect the items and research any and all descriptions and information to their complete and full satisfaction prior to bidding. All sales are final.
Sale and Transfer of ATF governed firearms (the rifles and handguns):
- FFL licensee, Ops Supply will process all transfers and background checks in compliance with ATF requirements.
- Persons must be at least 21 years of age to buy a handgun and 18 years of age to buy a rifle or shotgun.
- If a buyer cannot pass the background check, there will be a restocking fee of 25% of the final bid price charged to the winning bidder. If you don’t think you can pass a background check, please don’t bid. If uncertain, find out before you bid.
- All ATF governed rifles, shotguns, and handguns must be picked up and transferred at Ops Supply.
- A $25 transfer fee applies to each firearm even if buyer has a FFL. This fee shall be paid to Ops Supply.
- Only the registered winning bidder may purchase and transfer the firearm at the licensed dealer.
- Wardlow Auctions Inc. will collect all payments for invoices. Payment can be made from the invoice, or call in to authorize credit card payment, or come by our office to pay by cash or check.
- Ops Supply must have verification of payment before they transfer and release guns.
- If you are an out of state buyer, you will need to have the guns shipped to a FFL gun dealer in your state. Please coordinate with Ops Supply and your local gun dealer. Any resulting shipping and transfer fees shall be paid by the buyer. Note: Ops Supply will not ship firearms to California, Illinois, New Jersey, or New York.
- Once a gun has been paid for, it will be available for pick-up at Ops Supply during store hours.
According to the National Firearms Act of 1986, “any firearm manufactured prior to 1898 and not designed to use rimfire or centerfire ammunition is exempt from the act. This includes firearms that use flintlocks, matchlocks or percussion caps for the ignition system”. (Thus, a firearm made prior to 1898 that uses rimfire or centerfire ammunition is subject to FFL transfer requirements).
Why is a Background Check Required? Our clients, and we, want to be assured that the sale and transfer of the guns are in compliance with the law. In the event that these guns are subsequently stolen from or sold by the buyer and used for illegal purposes, our clients want to be free of any liability regarding the sale and use of the guns.
If you have any questions regarding the background check, pick-up, or shipping of firearms, please contact Joe at Ops Supply at (502) 835-1801.