TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
All questions regarding this auction should be directed to Wardlow Auctions, Inc. Any member of our staff would be happy to answer your questions and make this an enjoyable auction experience for you.
Wardlow Auctions, Inc.
3600 Chamberlain Ln., Suite 356
Louisville, KY 40241
Office: (502) 489-5515
Auctioneer – Rick Wardlow (502) 593-3888
Online bidding is offered as a courtesy. The Auctioneers, Wardlow Auctions, Inc., Sellers, and the Internet and Software Providers do not guarantee or warrant the online bidding procedure and/or system to operate without interruption or malfunction, and shall not be held responsible in the event of such.
Note: Special Modifications to Inspections and Pickups Due to Coronavirus Safety Concerns
- To minimize public interaction, all ammo, firearm accessories, non-ATF regulated firearms (the 2 air rifles and the black powder gun), and KY Derby glasses will be at our office and available for inspection every day during the auction period M-TH between 10 AM and 2 PM. Hand sanitizer and rubber gloves will be available. Only 1 customer will be permitted in the office at a time. We suggest you call ahead to make sure someone will be in the office.
- All ATF regulated guns are located at Everything Concealed Carry gun shop, at 13606 Taylorsville Rd., Jeffersontown, KY (about 1 block west of the main stoplight at Watterson Trail and Taylorsville Rd.). They may be inspected during open business hours and in accordance with their imposed safety precautions. They too are allowing only 1 customer in the store at a time.
- All ammo, firearm accessories, the 2 air guns, the black powder gun, and the KY Derby glasses may be picked up at our office Tue.-Thur., April 28-30, between 10 AM and 2 PM; b) you may call ahead and we will have your purchases ready and bring them out to your car so you won’t have to get out of your car; or c) if you live within a 20 mile radius of our office, for a $10 delivery fee we will deliver your items to you, or d) you may arrange to have them shipped to you through Fragile Pack, a professional shipper.
All ammo is for local pickup-or delivery only. Ammunition will not be shipped.
- In accordance with ATF laws, firearms must be picked up at Everything Concealed Carry gun shop or shipped by them to your local FFL dealer.
Potential change in terms and conditions due to government intervention to control coronavirus.
Due to the sudden and dramatic changes that have taken place in an effort to stem the spread of the coronavirus, and the possibility of uncertain changes to come (all of which are outside of ours, the seller’s and bidder’s control), we are temporarily adding a new element to our terms and conditions that will allow for the extension of the auction period under extenuating circumstances as noted below.
In the event of a significant event such as a mandate for everyone to “shelter in place” or “to close all certain businesses” or the gun shop’s owner to voluntarily close his business, or other comparable significant action that would impede the continuation of the auction as scheduled, we reserve the right to extend the auction closing date beyond the date originally scheduled. For clarification, this simply means that the auction would remain open but the auction closing date would be extended as reasonable and appropriate given the situation. We will of course notify all registered bidders of any extensions of a closing date should that situation occur. If those events do not occur, the auction will close as planned.
General Terms and Conditions of Sale (Please See Additional Terms Specifically Regarding the Sale of the Firearms)
Bidding: Online bidding is to be understood as a binding contract. Bids will be taken with the understanding that the bidder will honor their winning bid with sufficient funds including all applicable taxes and fees. Do not bid if you do not intend to pay.
Inspections: All descriptions and information are believed correct, but are not guaranteed. Items are sold “as is" "where is” with no guarantees or warranties. It is the Bidders responsibility to inspect the items and research any and all descriptions and information to their complete and full satisfaction prior to bidding. All sales are final.
Bidders are encouraged to attend the following preview:
- All ATF regulated firearms may be viewed at Everything Concealed Carryduring store hours, Mon.-Fri. 10am – 6 pm and on Saturday, from 9-3 pm. Their address is 10306 Taylorsville Rd., Louisville (Jeffersontown), KY 40299 (That’s about 1 block west of the main intersection of Taylorsville Rd. and Watterson Trail in Jeffersontown).
- All other items (ammo, accessories, the air guns and black powder gun, and KY Derby glasses) may be viewed at our office Mon. thru Thursday 10 AM – 2 PM or by appointment.
Buyer’s Premium: A 10% buyer’s premium will be added to the winning bid of each item to determine the final selling price.
Payment Terms: All items must be paid for in full prior to removal and not later than 2:00 pm on Thursday, April 30, 2020. Payment may be made by cash, credit card (VISA or Mastercard), good personal check, Official Bank Check, or bank certified check. All purchases over $1,000 must be paid for by cash, credit card (VISA or Mastercard), Official Bank Check, or bank certified check. Most buyers choose to pay for their items when they pick them up. If you fail to pick up your items, we will charge your credit card.
Removal Information and schedule:
All purchases (except firearms) can be picked up at our office Tue. – Thur. , April 28-30, between the hours of 10 AM and 2 PM. If you wish to pick up your items the following week, that will be okay, but we will go ahead and process your credit card for payment on Thursday, April 30, the last date for payment.
Shipping: Shipping of firearms will be coordinated through FFL Everything Concealed Carry. Ammo will not be shipped – it is for local pick up only. Any other items to be shipped should be coordinated through Wardlow Auctions Inc. and Fragile Pack at (502) 423-0000. Buyers will be responsible for all shipping costs.
Registration: Registration is free but does require several important pieces of information. Bidders must be registered with a full name, address, telephone number, and valid credit card information. An email address is also required so bidders may be sent winning bid notifications and auction invoices. Credit card information is obtained to establish bidder legitimacy, deter defunct bidding and charge the account at your request or in the event you do not pick up your items. Registration may only be completed with an acknowledgment that the bidder has read and understood all terms and conditions for the sale and online bidding.
All items sell in “as is” condition: All descriptions and information are believed correct, but are not guaranteed and as such the Auctioneers, Wardlow Auctions, Inc., and/or the Seller shall not be held liable for inaccuracies in the information. It is the Bidders responsibility to obtain or verify, prior to bidding, any information they consider critical to their decision to purchase. Preview times are available for potential bidders to physically inspect the items. All bidders are encouraged to inspect and research all aspects of the items, descriptions and information provided to their complete and full satisfaction prior to bidding. The items are being sold “as-is” “where-is” with no warranties or guarantees of any kind including merchantability and/or fitness for particular purpose.
Notification to winning bidders: An email notification will be sent via email along with an auction invoice within 6 hours of the auction’s close. Be sure to check your "Junk" email folder if you do not receive your invoice within that time frame.
Bidding Increments are pre-set as identified below: Bids must at least be the “asking” amount and in whole dollars. You can bid an amount higher than the next “asking” amount if you wish.
Set Maximum Bid feature: This feature does your bidding without the bidder having to constantly view, log in, and bid on an item. Setting a maximum online is much like coming to a live auction with a preset spending limit in mind. The program will bid for you, in the prescribed increments, and only up to your set maximum bid for the item. Your Maximum bids are kept confidential and not available for other bidders to see. Any bidder can raise or lower a maximum bid at any time prior to the close of the auction.
Sales Tax: All sales are subject to 6% Kentucky Sales Tax.
Close of Bidding: Bidding will begin to close at 7:00 PM (Eastern time zone), Monday, April 27, 2020. For your convenience, the closing of items will be on a staggered basis of 2 items every minute. See paragraph below regarding the Extended Ending feature.
Extended Ending: The items in the auction will be subject to an extended ending, whereas at the close of the auction, any bidding activity on an item within 3 minutes of the closing time will automatically extend the bidding for 3 more minutes past the time of the last bid. The bidding on that lot will continue to remain open in 3 minute intervals as long as there is bidding activity within 3 minutes of the previous bid. Once there is no bidding activity for a 3 minute period, the bidding on that item will close. For example, if a lot is supposed to close at 7:00 PM but a last minute bid is placed at 6:59 PM, bidding will be extended until 7:02 PM. If another bid is placed on an item at 7:01 PM, bidding will then close at 7:04 PM, unless subsequent bids are placed.
Penalties: Any bidding found to be fraudulent and/or negligence to provide proper payment in the allotted time will result in all appropriate legal action. Any invoice not fully and properly paid for in the allotted time will be charged to the credit card account presented at registration and the items forfeited. Delinquencies will be noted and will prevent the individual from participating in any further live or online auctions conducted by Wardlow Auctions, Inc. Wardlow Auctions, Inc. retains the right to prevent anyone from participating in this and future online auctions who does not abide by the terms and conditions of the auction or whose actions are not in the best interest of our client, the Seller.
Transfer of Title and Ownership of Property: Title and ownership of property purchased shall convey to buyer only upon payment AND pick-up or shipping of the property by the winning bidder. Unless special arrangements are made with the auctioneer, for any items not paid for and/or picked up by the winning bidder within 7 days of the date payment was due, the property shall be considered abandoned and any interest the winning bidder may have in the property shall revert back to the seller or auctioneer and there shall be no refunds to the winning bidder.
Auctioneer's Representation and Right to Bid: In accordance with KRS330.220(6)(a), it is hereby disclosed that, with permission from the seller, the auctioneer and any auction staff members have the right to bid. Wardlow Auctions Inc. and the auctioneer are agents of the seller.
Special Terms and Inspection Periods for Sale of FIREARMS:
Inspection – All guns are located at Everything Concealed Carry, 10306 Taylorville Rd., Louisville (Jeffersontown), KY 40299 and may be inspected anytime during regular store hours which are Monday – Friday, 10 AM -6:00 PM and Saturday, 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM. All descriptions and information are believed correct, but are not guaranteed. Items are sold “as is" "where is” with no guarantees or warranties. It is the Bidders responsibility to inspect the items and research any and all descriptions and information to their complete and full satisfaction prior to bidding. All sales are final.
Sale and Transfer of ATF governed firearms (the rifles and handguns):
- All sales must comply with ATF requirements, and background checks.
- Persons must be at least 21 years of age to buy a handgun and 18 years of age to buy a rifle or shotgun.
- No refunds. If a buyer cannot pass the background check, there will be no refund.
- All ATF governed rifles, shotguns, and handguns must be picked up and transferred at Everything Concealed Carry (ECC) in Jeffersontown.
- A $25 Transfer fee applies to each firearm even if buyer has a FFL. This fee shall be paid to (ECC).
- Only the registered winning bidder may purchase and transfer the firearm at the licensed dealer.
- Wardlow Auctions Inc. will collect all payments for invoices. Payment can be made from the invoice, or call in to authorize credit card payment, or come by our office to pay by cash or check.
- ECC must have verification of payment before they transfer and release guns.
- If you are an out of state buyer, you will need to have the guns shipped to a FFL gun dealer in your state. Please coordinate with ECC and your local gun dealer. Any resulting shipping and transfer fees shall be paid by the buyer.
- Once a gun has been paid for, it will be available for pick-up at ECCduring store hours.
Sale and transfer of Ammo or non-ATF governed firearms (ie. the 2 black powder guns and air rifles):
- Once paid for the ammo, air rifles, and black powder guns may be picked up at Wardlow Auctions office.
Why is a Background Check Required? Our clients, and us, want to be assured that the sale and transfer of the guns are in compliance with the law. In the event that these guns are subsequently stolen from or sold by the buyer and used for illegal purposes, our clients want to be free of any liability regarding the sale and use of the guns.
If you have any questions regarding the background check, pick-up, or shipping, please contact Stacy Woods at Everything Concealed Carry at (502) 657-8488.